Lena M Bonaby
- Commercial litigation
- Financial services law & regulation
- Business restructuring & solvency
Lena’s practice is concentrated in areas of complex litigation, contentious insolvencies and corporate restructuring as part of the firm’s team led by John K F Delaney QC.
- Acting on behalf of joint voluntary liquidators in the solvent liquidation of the Bahamian bank subsidiary of Switzerland’s largest bank.
- Acting on behalf of multiple creditors in the supervised liquidation of the Bahamian bank subsidiary of a Brazilian bank.
- Acting for a court-appointed officer seeking to marshal assets from a foreign jurisdiction.
- Acting on behalf of several Bahamian Mutual Funds and Delaware Mutual Funds in claims brought by purported minority shareholders.
- Acting for a trustee in a claim for breach of trust and fiduciary duties.
- Acting on behalf of a Bahamian entity in proceedings for anti-suit injunction and other injunctive relief.
- Acting for the surviving company in the merger of several reputable financial institutions.
- 2005 Admitted a counsel and attorney of the Supreme Court of The Bahamas
- 2005 Admitted a Barrister of Lincoln’s Inn, for England & Wales
LLB (Hons), University of Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England
LLM (International & Commercial Law – World Trade Specialist), University of Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional & Legal Studies, The City University, London, England
- Bahamas Bar Association
- Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn