Pamela L Klonaris
T. +1 (242) 702-4500 / +1 (242) 603-4500
M. +1 (242) 427-4513
- Securities & investment funds
- Private clients & wealth management
- Trusts & estate planning
- Commercial transactions
- Financial services law & regulation
- Corporate governance
Highly regarded as a leader in her areas of practice, Pamela has practiced law in The Bahamas for over 26 years in all aspects of commercial and securities transactions.
Pamela is a Consultant Attorney and, as such, a senior attorney at Delaney Partners. She began her legal career in 1989 as In-house counsel in an international bank before entering private practice in 1994 and, over ensuing years, was a partner in prominent commercial law firms.
Pamela served as Chairperson of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, Director of the Bahamas Financial Services Board (“BFSB”), Commissioner of the Insurance Commission of The Bahamas, and resident non-executive Director of various banks and asset management companies. Pamela has assisted with the private sector legislative review of the Securities Industry Act, 2011 and the Securities Industry Regulations, 2012 and currently sits on several legislative committees.
Over the years Pamela has received numerous accolades for her contribution to the legal and financial services industry, including:
- Winner of the FundDomciles.com 2008 Best Service Provider (Lawyers) Award (UK)
- Winner of the BFSB 2010 Development and Promotion Award in recognition of Pamela’s development of the SMART Fund 006 Model
- Global Law Experts, 2013 Award for Leading Counsel in Cross Boarder Corporate Law
- Citywealth IFC Power Women Top 200 List, 2015
“In Brief” monthly magazine has described Pamela over successive editions as “very impressive”, “incredibly hardworking”, “efficient”, “someone who always gets results”, “extremely well regarded”, “switched on” and “very good for mutual funds”.
Pamela has spoken and written widely on topics within her areas of practice and remains an active member of the BFSB.
- 1989 Admitted a counsel and attorney of the Supreme Court of The Bahamas
- 1989 Admitted a Barrister of Grays Inn, for England & Wales
LLB (Hons), University of the West Indies, Jamaica and Barbados
Law Diploma, City University, London
LLM (Corporate & Commercial Law), LSE – University of London
- Bahamas Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Bahamas Association of Compliance Officers
- Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn