Robert K Adams QC
- Commercial litigation
- Business restructuring & insolvency
- Employment law
Robert joined the firm in January 2020 as Consultant Attorney and full-time member of the firm’s senior team of commercial attorneys. Formerly, Robert was a partner of another leading Bahamian firm and headed its litigation and dispute resolution practice group.
Highly regarded as one of the leading litigators in The Bahamas, Robert has a broad range of experience handling complex commercial and civil disputes, litigation, and arbitration. He has argued several appeals before the Privy Council and regularly appears as lead counsel in cases before The Bahamas Supreme Court and Court of Appeal. Since 2013, Robert has received BAND 1 Rankings by Chambers Global in “General Business Law – Dispute Resolution”,
- Robert Adams enjoys a reputation among his peers as “the leader of the new generation of litigators” in The Bahamas, and is consistently described as “excellent”. He is renowned for his wide-ranging expertise, and is experienced handling cases in such sectors as banking, insurance and construction. (Chambers Global 2019)
- “Robert Adams is a growing force in the local dispute resolution market. Commentators describe him as an extremely polished written and oral advocate, and appreciate his “practical and commercially oriented” approach. (Chambers Global 2016)
- “Robert Adams is a very good, thorough and well-rounded advocate, who handles a variety of commercial and corporate disputes as well as labour and employment matters. Sources assert that he is bright, a hard worker, and really knows how to get results for his clients.” (Chambers Global 2014)
- “Robert Adams is a highly regarded litigator with considerable experience in the commercial arena. His broad-based practice covers work in the banking, insurance, and leisure and hospitality sectors.” (Chambers Global 2013)
Throughout his career Robert has given of his time to public service. He has held the posts of Acting Assistant Registrar General of The Bahamas (1997), Deputy Chairman of The Local Government Licensing Authority for Freeport, Grand Bahama (1999) and Acting Deputy Registrar of The Supreme Court (1999 and 2001). Since 2017 he has served as a Director of The Central Bank of The Bahamas.
- 2021 Appointed Queen’s Counsel
- 1994 Admitted as counsel and attorney of The Supreme Court of The Bahamas
AA (Psychology) The College of The Bahamas, The Bahamas
LLB (Hons), University of Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England
- Bahamas Bar Association