Sofia J Papageorge
- Securities, investment funds & ICONs
- Commercial transactions
- Private client wealth management
- Immigration & residency
- Financial services law & regulation
Sofia’s practice focuses on securities, investment funds, banking, financial services law & regulation and commercial matters. In the course of her work with our private client practice team, Sofia has successfully assisted clients relocating to The Bahamas.
Sofia is a member of various working groups and committees of the Bahamas Financial Services Board and was a contributing author to the BFSB’s Guide to the Bahamas Investment Condominium. Sofia has also assisted with the private sector review of the Securities Industry Act, 2011 and the Securities Industry Regulations, 2012.
In July 2014 Sofia was appointed Honorary Consul of the Hellenic Republic to The Bahamas. She is an active member of the Honorary Consular Corps in The Bahamas and is fluent in Greek.
- 2011 Admitted a counsel and attorney of the Supreme Court of The Bahamas
- 2010 Admitted a Barrister of Lincoln’s Inn for England & Wales
York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
LLB (Hons-First Class), University of Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England
LLM (Corporate & Commercial Law), University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
- Bahamas Bar Association
- Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn